Imperialboots stormtrooper shoe size

For all costumes from A New Hope, EMpire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

Moderators: 3893, team-ng-command

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Imperialboots stormtrooper shoe size

Post by 38501 » 03 Apr 2018, 15:19

Hi,
I need to buy shoes for my stormtrooper kit and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the sizes from Imperialboots.com? Are they big, small, wide, narrow?
They state that it is wise to buy one size up from what you originally are. I am not sure if that goes for women also?

Here is a link to the shoes:
http://www.imperialboots.com/product/421/

-Kristina
Let the wookie win.

D76
Supporter
Supporter
antispamfield: No

Re: Imperialboots stormtrooper shoe size

Post by D76 » 11 Apr 2018, 14:13

38501 wrote: They state that it is wise to buy one size up from what you originally are. I am not sure if that goes for women also?

Here is a link to the shoes:
http://www.imperialboots.com/product/421/
The idea of purchasing a little larger is it's easier to wear additional thicker socks than to squeeze your foot into a tiny crevice of a shoe. Women have extraordinary pain thresholds to foot abuse however i.e. heels. So it's possible you could be fine if that's your thing. But, imagine that extra few mm of foot breathing space on a hot trooping day? is it worth the difference of a thicker sock that no-one sees. Obviously you don't want to push it too far, and turn into bozo the clown shoes either.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper
antispamfield: No

Re: Imperialboots stormtrooper shoe size

Post by 10199 » 11 Apr 2018, 21:18

I went one size up from my average shoe size for my IB TK boots. They fit, but were tight. Ended up selling them to get a new pair another size up.