Darth Maul - sunray pleated robe fabric

For all costumes from The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith

Moderators: 3893, team-ng-command

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Darth Maul - sunray pleated robe fabric

Post by 4492 » 03 Oct 2016, 21:10

One of the pieces of a Darth Maul costume that I've rarely seen is the outer robe, from what I understand it's because it's hard to find sunray pleated fabric.

I'm posting here because I happen to know the only person in Sweden that owns a pleating machine that can produce sunray pleats, and she offers her services to ordinary people. The other machine in Sweden that can do that only offers services to instititions like film or theatre companies.

I talked to her today and she would be willing to make sunray pleats for Darth Mauls. If there is any interest I would be happy to help you get in contact with her, and if you know of any Darth Mauls outside Sweden that would like sunray pleated fabric she could help with that as well.

Some things to consider:

The customer needs to provide the fabric, that can then be set into sunray pleats
The fabric can't be too heavy, and the pleating process works best if there is a bit of synthetic fibre in the fabric
She would be happy to do a test swatch to see if the fabric would be suitable.

You can also contact her directly through her website: Livtag.nu

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper
antispamfield: No

Re: Darth Maul - sunray pleated robe fabric

Post by 5573 » 04 Oct 2016, 09:59

I would love to have one of these for my Maul. Maybe one day when I win the lottery...
"Shut him up or shut him down!"

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper
antispamfield: No

Post by 78346 » 04 Oct 2016, 11:06

Sounds expensive /cryface

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Post by 4492 » 04 Oct 2016, 11:47

I both know her personally and we have used her sewing services at work, and all I can say is that the pricing has been very reasonable, but it's of course a question of hiring a skilled craftsperson to do a specialized work.