The senate guard group

For all costumes from The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith

Moderators: 3893, team-ng-command

Lora Skywalker
Nordic Base trooper
Nordic Base trooper

The senate guard group

Post by Lora Skywalker » 18 Sep 2017, 22:02

So, this crazy idea started bubbling over spring and summer, and I tried talking some other Danes into it during Legoland and after, and somehow I also talked myself into doing it, so... yeah, we are forming a senate guard group in DK. :D

I currently have roughly 33 meters of blue velvet in my room, which should account for at least 10 guards. And the current group of interested people are somewhere between 6 to 9, so I even have a little extra.

The idea is to do the plumed senate guards. I already have a contact who are willing to make a helmet cast for us and is also designing the riffle to go with it. (You can also have the force pike with the costume). So currently I'm getting fabric swatches and matching them to my velvet. So far I've found some satisfying satin lining for the cloak, but nothing for the shirt and pants, so we might end up dying some fabric to match. I'll probably buy the satin this week or the next so everything for the cloak is there and ready.

I count on the actual work to start next year; right now I'm researching and gathering materials. Helmet won't be done before the next year anyway, so no rush.

The Rebel Legion thread can be found here: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/ ... hp?t=87763

Our fb group is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/697357413795207/ (We speak Danish there). :)

I'll try to remember to update this as there is anything to update. For the time being this will most likely be silent.
"Get this walking carpet out of my way!"

Rebel and proud of it!
DXO of RLGS

Lora Skywalker
Nordic Base trooper
Nordic Base trooper

Re: The senate guard group

Post by Lora Skywalker » 05 Feb 2018, 22:22

I thought I should probably mention that I did manage to find some suitable fabric for the shirt and pants, so no dyeing for me. :D

Got roughly a 110 meters of fabric lying around for this group build and I very much look forward to beginning it.
"Get this walking carpet out of my way!"

Rebel and proud of it!
DXO of RLGS