It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:00 am

All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Generic Jedi
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:19 pm 
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

antispamfield: No
Hei!

I'm taking part in a LARP in August and will be playing a Jedi. As a consequence, I will be making a Jedi costume and since I always wanted to have one, I'm going to make it from quality fabrics and with half lining as well to keep it in shape.

Any hints for a SCA-background costumer? I picked the patterns up from the RL main forum and I'm going to draw them to measure. I've done it before, so it's not too difficult or demanding. I think the collars will be the biggest challenge. My budget for props is limited at this time, so I'm concentrating on the fabrics and cut for now. I can add up more props as I go, since I'm next going to wear it to the The Force Awakens screening. I'm hoping to get tickets to the local midnight premiere.

I don't know if I'm going to apply to the Rebel Legion, but I might as well try to fulfill the requirements on the first try. What I most wonder is the cut of the trousers, and what to do with the shoes. For the purposes of the LARP I have some temporary solutions available, but nothing solid.

Post subject: Re: Generic Jedi
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:25 am 
Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Welcome here! Nice to see a fellow SCA-member walk into the land of Star Wars! :) Unfortunately I am very lousy at the Jedi stuff, but there are others here that know about it who will hopefully come to your aid!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:56 am 
501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Location: Aalborg Øst, Denmark (Originally from Southern California, USA)
Hello and welcome.

I think the best place for you to get some of the info that you are looking for you can find here, http://www.rebellegion.com/costume-stan ... di/page/4/

It doesn't give you patterns and what not, but you get to read up the Jedi Generic Costume Standards.

There are plenty of places online with patterns and what not, I just don't know where they are at the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:27 am 
Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

viimatar wrote:
Hei!

I'm taking part in a LARP in August and will be playing a Jedi. As a consequence, I will be making a Jedi costume and since I always wanted to have one, I'm going to make it from quality fabrics and with half lining as well to keep it in shape.

Any hints for a SCA-background costumer? I picked the patterns up from the RL main forum and I'm going to draw them to measure. I've done it before, so it's not too difficult or demanding. I think the collars will be the biggest challenge. My budget for props is limited at this time, so I'm concentrating on the fabrics and cut for now. I can add up more props as I go, since I'm next going to wear it to the The Force Awakens screening. I'm hoping to get tickets to the local midnight premiere.

I don't know if I'm going to apply to the Rebel Legion, but I might as well try to fulfill the requirements on the first try. What I most wonder is the cut of the trousers, and what to do with the shoes. For the purposes of the LARP I have some temporary solutions available, but nothing solid.

Moikkamoi!

Sinuna ottaisin yhteyttä Mark Liljebergiin, Nordic Basen maavastaavaan ja juttelisin hänen kanssaan, vaikka mailitse.
vodobaas@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:29 pm 
Nordic Base trooper
Nordic Base trooper

I see that Johnnie has sent you on to Mark, but if you have other questions we have a lot of jedi here willing to help and two of us are costume judges in that category :)

The standarts are being review and renewed as we speak so keep that in mind as you go along :)

http://thomasblack1.deviantart.com/
All my art and commission rates

Need a sig? just ask ^^

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:07 am 
Nordic Base trooper
Nordic Base trooper

At this forum you can find patterns.
Don't know if he has the trousers there.
But have a look. :)
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/ ... hp?t=29112

Generic Jedi Costume requirements:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/ ... hp?t=39468