Moderators: 3893, team-ng-command

henkaa
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen
antispamfield: No

WIP - First image of my almost complete Nihilus COTF

Post by henkaa » 07 Jul 2017, 19:36

Hi all.
Here is a shot of my work in progress Darth Nihilus build.

Fixes (what I know of right now) is the following:
* The actual boots ( need to order a pair)
* The "visible" spot between the face mask and the inner tunic. I will patch the face mask with some fabric.
* The fabric is yet not tattered (but that is the fun part of this build right :) )
* The "ears" might need to be a bit bigger.
* The knot is in this shot fixed with safety pins. I will fix that.
* Gloves needs a little form fitting up at the forearm.
(* A lightsaber, even tho it is not needed, I want one)

Let me know what you think.

henkaa
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Re: WIP - First image of my almost complete Nihilus COTF

Post by henkaa » 08 Jul 2017, 02:07

Here are two pictures with better details, but I did not like my pose in those as I tilted my head a little, which hides the "ears".

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Post by 10413 » 08 Jul 2017, 08:15

Hi nice work so far ;-)

Do go to The Flagship Eclipse detachment forum, here you can see others WIP threads and the CRL : http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forum ... f-version/

It is difficuelt to see the details on your pics - when you take the approval pics, do remember to stand in front of a plain background with good light.

I agree with your own points on things that needs to be fixed. I´ve some comments :

Your "ears" needs to be bigger, creating a more sharp frame at the top of the mask.
The visible spot between your tunic and mask needs to be fixed with black fabric.
Your cape is way to long, it has to be around 5 cm from the ground and be heavily weathered.
Do you have 2 tunics and 2 skirts ?
The outerskirt needs to be visible shorter than the innerskirt = floorlenght or hangs no more then 2 cm from the ground. Needs heavy weathering on both skirts.
Outer tunic needs weathering at the bottom.
Are your sleeves quilted ?
Do your belt have the screws/rivets to "hold" the smaller belt in place ?
Gloves needs to be form fitted.

Best regards from a costume and staff mentor over at the TFE ;-)
Visas Marr/Tie pilot reserve/Bridge crew/Gunner
Retired: Biker Scout, Tusken, Darth Traya, Tie pilot ANH.
Costume mentor TFE 2013-2014 + 2016-> + TFE Staff member 2017 ->
"As my feet walk from the ashes of Katarr, I shall not fear, for in fear, lies death..."

henkaa
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by henkaa » 08 Jul 2017, 08:38

10413 wrote:Hi nice work so far ;-)

Do go to The Flagship Eclipse detachment forum, here you can see others WIP threads and the CRL : http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forum ... f-version/

It is difficuelt to see the details on your pics - when you take the approval pics, do remember to stand in front of a plain background with good light.

I agree with your own points on things that needs to be fixed. I´ve some comments :

Your "ears" needs to be bigger, creating a more sharp frame at the top of the mask. -I have a plan for that. Do you have any input on how much bigger? I'm guessing on 2-3 cm viewing the reference pictures.
The visible spot between your tunic and mask needs to be fixed with black fabric. -I have a plan for that.
Your cape is way to long, it has to be around 5 cm from the ground and be heavily weathered. -I have by intention made it way to long so I have margins for tattering.
Do you have 2 tunics and 2 skirts ? -Yes! I will try to visualize that better in the approval pics. The outer one needs a small arm fix yet tho. Forgot about that
The outerskirt needs to be visible shorter than the innerskirt = floorlenght or hangs no more then 2 cm from the ground. Needs heavy weathering on both skirts. -Which one should be floor length/2 cm? The crl say same for both. Inner or outer? And how much shorter? -Weathering planed.
Outer tunic needs weathering at the bottom. -Weathering planed.
Are your sleeves quilted ? -Yes! I will try to visualize that better in the approval pics.
Do your belt have the screws/rivets to "hold" the smaller belt in place ? -Yes! I will try to visualize that better in the approval pics.
Gloves needs to be form fitted. -That is planned.

Best regards from a costume and staff mentor over at the TFE ;-)

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Post by 10413 » 08 Jul 2017, 09:26

Hi

Regarding the ears I would look at some of the ref. pics for the COFT version, but around 2-3 cm would also be my advice. Otherwise you could buy or make a head shell like this one : https://www.etsy.com/dk-en/listing/2457 ... _gallery_1

Regarding the skirts, as I wrote, the innerskirt shall be floorlenght or hang no more then 2 cm from the ground and the outerskirt needs to be visible shorter than that.

Have fun making the adjustments and I´ll look forward to see you among the ranks of the 501st./TFE ;-)
"As my feet walk from the ashes of Katarr, I shall not fear, for in fear, lies death..."

henkaa
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by henkaa » 08 Jul 2017, 09:31

My head shell is almost like that (except it seem to rise less than that refefence), so I think that fix can be done to my own head shell with some padding :)

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Post by 10413 » 08 Jul 2017, 10:05

I agree, it is much easier to make the adjustments, if you have something similar ;-)