Driving Across Norway & Down Thru Sweden

Moderator: team-ng-command

Skaught
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen
antispamfield: No

Driving Across Norway & Down Thru Sweden

Post by Skaught »

Hello Nordic Garrison! I was previously here discussing my family's June trip to Norway and the cruise on the Baltic (Copenhagen, Warnemunde, Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Stockholm). We have almost everything figured out and booked. There's two days that I could use some recommendations on.

On June 13 we will drive from Luster to Oslo. It's about six hours. I am wondering what there is along the way that would be good to stop and see? See the map for the path we'll take.

Then on Saturday, June 15 we will drive from Oslo to Copenhagen. Another six hour drive. Most of that will be through western Sweden. Near Gothenburg there is the Aeroseum which looks interesting. Any other suggestions? We think it would be funny to stop at an Ikea on Sweden. At least for a photo. LOL. :)

Thanks for any ideas! The maps are below.

Scott Will
TK-408

Stardust
Nordic Base trooper
Nordic Base trooper

Re: Driving Across Norway & Down Thru Sweden

Post by Stardust »

Aeroseum is great, a different kind of venue. If you are interested in airforce and also older aircraft. It’s located in an old bunker below ground. The whole place has a certain old historic quality to it. Great for taking photos as well! Hope you have a nice trip!
”I find your use of the force vague and unconvincing”

Two generations of Ersos & someone in disguise
(jyn-erso) Jyn (lyra-erso) Lyra & (boushh)

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Post by 4492 »

In Varberg you can see both the medieval castle and the world heritage site of Grimeton, the world's only functioning pre-electronic longwave radio transmitter. You actually see the antennas when you drive on the motorway.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 2011 »

I can recommend Beredskapsmuseet (The Military Readiness museum) outside Helsingborg. It has the largest collection in Sweden of WWII hand guns.
http://www.beredskapsmuseet.com/

And I have helped them decorating the underground military hospital. :D

Skaught
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by Skaught »

Thanks everyone!

Anything recommended along the drive in Norway?

Scott

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 52117 »

Hello there!

In Norway there are many beautiful sights to see. Unfortunately you are taking a route which is pretty boring when you get past Gol in the direction of Oslo. But in Gol there is a very old Stave Church that you can see. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gol_Stave_Church
When you pass through Borgund there is also an old stave church there: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borgund_Stave_Church

In Lærdal there is also the worlds longest road tunnel. It binds Lærdal to Aurland. So you can have a look at the entrance of it.

When you arrive in Oslo there are a lot of sights to see. But in my opinion the western part of Norway is just so so beautiful with all the mountains and fjords.
Praetorian Rex
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage