New Stormtrooper from Sweden ready to serve the Empire.

For all costumes from A New Hope, EMpire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

Moderator: team-ng-command

17113
Imperial spy
Imperial spy
Posts: 415
Joined: 29 Sep 2014, 20:04
antispamfield: No
Location: Trondheim, Norway

Re: New Stormtrooper from Sweden ready to serve the Empire.

Post by 17113 »

webdiddy wrote:From what I can remember the EfX helmet is not 501 approved either.
I don't get this snobbery though, as long as normal people can really tell what does it matter?
It's not like they would go, "oh, look at that stormtropper, his chest plate is a little taller then the guy beside him"
Wile we're at it, are fat people also denied 501 approval? If not the should be, there's no such thing as a fat stormtooper, the only fat "soldier" in star wars a porkins.
"Fat people" are not excluded at all. We do not judge anyone by their body size, just the quality and fit of their costume. If you do not want to join the 501st, then do what you want, but then you cannot join us at events. Please understand, we'll gladly welcome you to our organization, but we have some demands that need to be met. If you need help with finding the right one for your budget/body/, please ask us BEFORE buying. Research is key! Not only will this make it cheaper for you, but also easier!
Image

78549
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen
Posts: 31
Joined: 25 Sep 2015, 12:28
antispamfield: No
Location: Göteborg
Contact:

Re: New Stormtrooper from Sweden ready to serve the Empire.

Post by 78549 »

Ryth_ wrote:
webdiddy wrote:From what I can remember the EfX helmet is not 501 approved either.
False.
FX helmet is no longer permitted for new approvals.
Those bigger troopers you refer too that gets approved, buys their armor from a vettet maker, and they do their very best to build it after the 501st standards.
I still don't get it, that double standards.
As long as you have an armour that's approved it doesn't really matter if you barely fit in it?
I get why there's a standard you have to follow because they are all the same and should represent what you saw in the movies, right?
Did you see a fat stormtrooper?, don't think so.

I'm not having a go on fat people I just want to make a point!

User avatar
78346
Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper
Posts: 291
Joined: 25 May 2015, 15:10
antispamfield: No
Location: Trondheim, Norway

Re: New Stormtrooper from Sweden ready to serve the Empire.

Post by 78346 »

I don't remember seing this in the movie.

Image

Dark jokes aside. What we're trying to tell you, is that since you didn't do your research - it's going to be harder to get approved for the 501st. IT'S NOT IMPOSSIBLE. I've seen people get a rubies through centurion level - but there's more work for you. A lot more.

17113
Imperial spy
Imperial spy
Posts: 415
Joined: 29 Sep 2014, 20:04
antispamfield: No
Location: Trondheim, Norway

Re: New Stormtrooper from Sweden ready to serve the Empire.

Post by 17113 »

webdiddy wrote:
Ryth_ wrote:
webdiddy wrote:From what I can remember the EfX helmet is not 501 approved either.
False.
FX helmet is no longer permitted for new approvals.
Those bigger troopers you refer too that gets approved, buys their armor from a vettet maker, and they do their very best to build it after the 501st standards.
I still don't get it, that double standards.
As long as you have an armour that's approved it doesn't really matter if you barely fit in it?
I get why there's a standard you have to follow because they are all the same and should represent what you saw in the movies, right?
Did you see a fat stormtrooper?, don't think so.

I'm not having a go on fat people I just want to make a point!
I see what you mean, but the reason is that we feel it's ethically wrong to exclude people because of their body size. It's not wrong to exclude because someone has not done their research. If you have a large body, then it is necessary to make adjustments to the armor so that it fits properly. It can be done and it can look good. Their helmet has the right shape, their thighs has the right shape. All the details are in place. Your armor has some of that, but not enough, and I'm very sorry for it.

I understand that you might be angry, but all of this could have been avoided if you had done proper research. Ask for help/advice, then purchase. Not purchase the armor, then ask for help.

As _Ryth said, you can get through, but only if you do a large amount of work. It would have been easier to buy a cheaper kit and the build it yourself than to try to fix the one you have.
Image

78549
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen
Posts: 31
Joined: 25 Sep 2015, 12:28
antispamfield: No
Location: Göteborg
Contact:

Re: New Stormtrooper from Sweden ready to serve the Empire.

Post by 78549 »

I understand what you are saying even though I don't completely agree.
I actually bought my armour for a other reason than trooping, but at the same time it would be fun to "troop" a little anyway.
I am actually thinking of modifying my armour visually anyway (statistic stormtrooper with corps paint) and even if I did buy a 501 approved armour I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be accepted again after my modification.

I'm still interested in what ways my armour is not approvable.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/ZInar ... 0-h1198-rw

17113
Imperial spy
Imperial spy
Posts: 415
Joined: 29 Sep 2014, 20:04
antispamfield: No
Location: Trondheim, Norway

Re: New Stormtrooper from Sweden ready to serve the Empire.

Post by 17113 »

Good luck with your armor!
Image

User avatar
78346
Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper
Posts: 291
Joined: 25 May 2015, 15:10
antispamfield: No
Location: Trondheim, Norway

Re: New Stormtrooper from Sweden ready to serve the Empire.

Post by 78346 »

I'm still interested in what ways my armour is not approvable.
1) Button plate is wrong size and colors. So it has to be replaced with something new.
2) The side gap between ab and back is notorious big on FX. So you most likely have to shim this.
4) There's a canvas belt with it? There must be for approval.
5) Metal clips on detonator

That's what I know. There might be more, but that's up to the GML to decide.
If you do it right, it can look good!

Image
Modified FX armor

User avatar
BH-11380
Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper
Posts: 700
Joined: 20 Apr 2011, 17:09
antispamfield: No

Re: New Stormtrooper from Sweden ready to serve the Empire.

Post by BH-11380 »

I hope you did not pay 800$ for it...

FX is not that accurate, and the helmet that is in it is not approved anymore. I have a FX amrour set myself, and I am ok with it, and like the 2mm thick armour. Still after making two other Stormtrooper armours, one of Trooper Master, and one of RSProps, I would order one of those. Both TM and RSProps are about 800 Euro's.

RSProps have one Stormtrooper costume that is moulded from original costume, so it is about 95% screen accurate. FX, in comparison is, about 50% accurate..

Take a look on CRLs for what to do in 501st site.
'Use the sense, it is a force attribute. Common as it is, among us all.'

78549
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen
Posts: 31
Joined: 25 Sep 2015, 12:28
antispamfield: No
Location: Göteborg
Contact:

Re: New Stormtrooper from Sweden ready to serve the Empire.

Post by 78549 »

BH-11380 wrote:I hope you did not pay 800$ for it...

FX is not that accurate, and the helmet that is in it is not approved anymore. I have a FX amrour set myself, and I am ok with it, and like the 2mm thick armour. Still after making two other Stormtrooper armours, one of Trooper Master, and one of RSProps, I would order one of those. Both TM and RSProps are about 800 Euro's.

RSProps have one Stormtrooper costume that is moulded from original costume, so it is about 95% screen accurate. FX, in comparison is, about 50% accurate..

Take a look on CRLs for what to do in 501st site.
No, I payed about 560$ for it ready to wear. I didn't really want to having to assemble my own armour. I wouldn't buy a armour for 800€ just to get a head nod for the 501 that's stupid money for a couple a pieces of ABS plastic.

User avatar
52583
Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper
Posts: 1671
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 21:57
antispamfield: No

Re: New Stormtrooper from Sweden ready to serve the Empire.

Post by 52583 »

Keep this thread civil. Please.

/XO

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests