Coverstrips legs?

For all costumes from A New Hope, EMpire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

Moderator: team-ng-command

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper
antispamfield: No

Re: Coverstrips legs?

Post by 78346 »

Hot water. But that were also PVC, not ABS.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/3 ... pvc-armor/

Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by 71337 »

Ok, because I tried hot water to bend the belt. It made no difference whatsoever. The plastic was as hard as at room temperature.

Imperial spy
Imperial spy

Post by 17113 »

Try a hairdryer, that might be easier to control as well

Imperial spy
Imperial spy

Post by 54321 »

There's no standard for cover strip widths, only that arms are smaller than legs and it should look consistent.

When there's a flat ridge where your parts join, you can determine that the cover strip is the same so it looks good to you. When you fit the armor, you try to keep that ridge consistent while you are more free to trim or shim in the back. Unless you have major trouble fitting the armor there's no reason to have different cover strip widths on the legs front versus rear. It'd be acceptable, but the lack of visible ridges allow you to use the same cover strip width as the front.

Heat re-shaping is not needed unless you have 3mm thick plastic that is so rigid the magnets and clamps won't hold during glueing. Which isn't the case with TM.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 29996 »

17113 wrote: Just let me know if you want me to come help you cut n' glue someday this coming week. I'm pretty much available :)
Well, that would be great.
54321 wrote:There's no standard for cover strip widths, only that arms are smaller than legs and it should look consistent.

When there's a flat ridge where your parts join, you can determine that the cover strip is the same so it looks good to you. When you fit the armor, you try to keep that ridge consistent while you are more free to trim or shim in the back. Unless you have major trouble fitting the armor there's no reason to have different cover strip widths on the legs front versus rear. It'd be acceptable, but the lack of visible ridges allow you to use the same cover strip width as the front.

Heat re-shaping is not needed unless you have 3mm thick plastic that is so rigid the magnets and clamps won't hold during glueing. Which isn't the case with TM.
Thank you
"What I do? I seek answers"
(rc-omega) (snowie) (gunner) (rp) (x-wing) (sandie)