Moderator: team-ng-command

samimä
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen
antispamfield: No

Another noob looking for advice

Post by samimä »

Hello from Finland!

I'm turning 18 in January, and finally have the possibility to join the 501st. This has pretty much been my dream for a couple of years already, but now that I have started to take a look at the process and getting a costume, I have quickly become overwhelmed. I was thinking of getting a sandtrooper costume, but so far haven't really found a simplish method to get a costume. My budget would be around 1000€, so it would be nice to hear if that's realistic at all. If not, I would be interested in getting a "standard" stormtrooper costume instead. Another goal I have is to get the costume pretty much ready for the premiere of Episode VII, since I'm going with a couple of my friends and we have all decided to dress up, and it would suck if I had to get another expensive suit/not wear one. I know I should have probably started looking for a costume a few months ago already, and as such would really appreciate any help, as quickly as possible.

Thanks already in advance!

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Re: Another noob looking for advice

Post by 78346 »

Hi and welcome to our boards!

When buying armor from a maker, you'll get the plastic ONLY (RS props does ship extra parts for additional cash) and parts as boots, undersuit, gloves&handguards, buttonsnaps (90€ of it), webbing and elastic... and tools.

I made myself the same budget as you, since I didn't want to buy something really good, but expensive from TM or RS props - for it to be butchered. So I did my research and found me something else.
That's how I found Walt's trooper factory, stationed in the states. He's cheaper, and makes a good armor in that range.
He molds them quick - but I think he's getting more orders now.

That's how I managed to build myself a TK for about 1100€, w/o the blaster.
So yes, it's doable.

BH-11380
Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by BH-11380 »

Pm sent ! I am able to help you on this project. Welcome to the Garrison!
'Use the sense, it is a force attribute. Common as it is, among us all.'

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 4785 »

samimä wrote:Hello from Finland!

I'm turning 18 in January, and finally have the possibility to join the 501st. This has pretty much been my dream for a couple of years already, but now that I have started to take a look at the process and getting a costume, I have quickly become overwhelmed. I was thinking of getting a sandtrooper costume, but so far haven't really found a simplish method to get a costume. My budget would be around 1000€, so it would be nice to hear if that's realistic at all. If not, I would be interested in getting a "standard" stormtrooper costume instead. Another goal I have is to get the costume pretty much ready for the premiere of Episode VII, since I'm going with a couple of my friends and we have all decided to dress up, and it would suck if I had to get another expensive suit/not wear one. I know I should have probably started looking for a costume a few months ago already, and as such would really appreciate any help, as quickly as possible.

Thanks already in advance!
Moikka!
Why won't you come and meet us at Digi Expo at Messukeskus, Helsinki on 31.10-1.11?
Send me your contact information to 4785@nordicgarrison.net and we can talk more in person?
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock, Star Trek, Wrath of Khan