Experiances on RS Propmasters??

For all costumes from A New Hope, EMpire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

Moderator: team-ng-command

Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer
antispamfield: No

Experiances on RS Propmasters??

Post by 31700 »

My research goes on and on. I´ve found this: http://www.rspropmasters.com/product/co ... ommission/

I think i´m going for the assembled one (since i´m not the handyman to say the least)

My question is:
Has anyone had experience in this armor? Would it work to join the 501:st? (Found it on whitearmor.net) Without having to spend years to adjust?

Why i´m i asking this? Am i lazy? No, i´m not. I´m not the handyman. I work full time as a paramedic so my sparetime is limited.

I want to join the 501:st to spread joy (and collect money for charity) to kids. It´s been a dream of mine for a long time.

(Of course i am a star wars-nerd too) ;-)

Any comments are helpful!
CO: Commanding officer

Costumes: (stormie) (kylo) (biker)
Troops: 58

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Re: Experiances on RS Propmasters??

Post by 6528 »

The RS Stormtrooper armor is a very popular choice among troopers. It is considered the most screen-accurate stormtrooper armor, as it is cast straight off a screen used suit from ANH. However, this also means that the armor inherits some of the "flaws", bumps and such present found in the original suit. If you buy it assembled from them, you are also sure that it is assembled just like the screen-used suit.
The Protocol Builder Blog is now online! http://lotinlife.wordpress.com/

BH-11380
Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by BH-11380 »

Yep, RS Porps TK is good choise.

A bit more difficult to put togethere than TrooperMaster TK, but still as best screen accurate as it can be. I helped one new guy in Finland to put togheter a suit from RS, from creen used moulds. Still, for 1500 Pounds for ready made costume, this is one of the best you can go for.

I would still build it myself, rather than put over 2000 Euro's on the costume that might need works after shipping.
'Use the sense, it is a force attribute. Common as it is, among us all.'

Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by 71337 »

The price is good.
It is difficult to get all the parts for significantly less than that price, even if you build it yourself.
It is a good armor, no doubt about that.

I suppose that one potential disadvantage of buying readymade is that it might not be perfectly fitted to your body?
But I assume they will ask for your measurements?

"Armour assembled exactly as the screen used suits" might mean that they use the original strapping method?
Snaps and elastics strapping seems to be prefered by many? But I have no experience with the original strapping.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 24208 »

I have one and I only needed to do some small changes. When you mesure for your belt/waist ask them if it is for the belt, that one is outside the armour there for it needs some extra cm...

Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Post by 31700 »

Thank you for the belt-tip!
What kind of changes did you have to make on yours? Did you order it fully assembled?

Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Post by 31700 »

So... I´ve ordered the full commission-suit from the RS. It´s scheduled to be built in early januari. In other worlds: a looooong time to wait. But what can you do? I take it as a sign that they build good stuff. Trying to make a positive spin on the waiting-period.

To you guys in the 501:st:
Have anybody got any RS-suit? Did you have to make a lot of changes to get accepted to 501:st?

BH-11380
Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by BH-11380 »

I've put together an RSProps ANH Stunt Stormtrooper for one member, and there were no changes needed.

Still, it was done with armour kit, not ready built one. Hopefully you get the armours good enough for yourself, I would bought the armours as a kit, and put them togehter myself, as then you could have get the armours on right size.

As for the long wait 'till January. Try your luck with some other sellers, one month is not that long time. Some sellers have over 1 year long waiting periods...

Looking forward on seing pics!

Cheers!
'Use the sense, it is a force attribute. Common as it is, among us all.'

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 78346 »

The best. You won't regret getting a TK from RS.