E11-blasters

For all costumes from A New Hope, EMpire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

Moderator: team-ng-command

Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer
antispamfield: No

E11-blasters

Post by 31700 »

I have descided on a RS-armor. However... It seems like they don't have the E11-blaster in stock. Where did you guys get your blasters? I'm interested in an assembled one. Please help a stupid newbie!
CO: Commanding officer

Costumes: (stormie) (kylo) (biker)
Troops: 61

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Re: E11-blasters

Post by 11327 »

There are a few vendors making resin kits and/or built-up blasters out of resin. One of the most popular are the ANH kits from Doopydoos in the UK because of pricing and good quality, and you wouldn't need to pay toll to Sweden.
There is also the "Hyperfirm" rubber blasters that are pretty nice but a bit pricey.
You should be able to find discussions and some sellers on FISD's forum.

If I were to build one myself right now I would go for a plastic tube and the add-on kit parts of resin, but do know that it could be difficult finding a tube of the right dimensions and type of plastic in Sweden: plastic drain pipes here are usually made from plastics that don't take paint or glue well.

Most ANH blasters that people build have the long scope, the Hengstler counter and the magazine cylinders.
There is a variation that is accurate for both ESB and ANH: it has the shorter M19 or M32 scope and no counter or cylinders.
The ROTJ version of the E-11 blaster is the most uncommon, because it was not based on a British Sterling machine gun (but a scaled-down replica of a Canadian Sterling) and it has some different greeblies.

You might be able to find an old replica in metal from Master Replicas, but they are very expensive and too heavy to carry around all day at a troop.
It used to be popular to convert toy blasters from Hasbro - but once you have got an eye for them then they don't look right. They are also not allowed for level three certification and might even become banned for new costumes in the future.

Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by 71337 »

I have read that a simple Hasbro blaster spraypainted black is acceptable for 501st?

I added the doopydoo kit for mine.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 11327 »

LordNikon wrote:I have read that a simple Hasbro blaster spraypainted black is acceptable for 501st?
I was referring to a Hasbro blaster with add-on parts to make it look more accurate. And specifically the old type of Hasbro / Kenner that has been around for ages.
There are newer toys that came out this or last years that look more like the real thing but are much much too small.

Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Post by 31700 »

I would not buy a costume from here, but what about the blaster? http://www.stormtrooper-costumes.com/17 ... _Prop.html#
CO: Commanding officer

Costumes: (stormie) (kylo) (biker)
Troops: 61

BH-11380
Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by BH-11380 »

The blaster looks fine, but with that cost you could do two Doobydoo blasters easily.
'Use the sense, it is a force attribute. Common as it is, among us all.'

Imperial spy
Imperial spy

Post by 17113 »

Try Pheonix Props over at whitearmor (aka dday). He makes a great kit with a aluminium tube. He's based in germany, so shipping to sweden should be cheap, right? Also, trooperbay.com has Hyperfirm E-11's for sale now

Imperial spy
Imperial spy

Post by 54321 »

I ordered a doopydoo full kit, I have one Phoenix Props kit, and also finished two of its predecessor the DVH kit which required a lot of dremeling. The Phoenix Props one is a more cleaned up resin kit and a (metal) pipe build is just gonna be great. It's a fun kit to make, derived from real parts with room for accuracy and electronics. You can put springs in there and have moving parts. If money wasn't a problem I'd get a hyperfirm or RS for frequent trooping additionally to that.

The Doopydoo kit never arrived, their proof of dispatch was barely readable/usable and they wouldn't refund. But I've seen many Doopydoos and they're OK, they allow you to build a semi-accurate fairly quickly or mod in length for more details.