First armor

For all costumes from A New Hope, EMpire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

Moderator: team-ng-command

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

First armor

Post by 66261 »

Hi!

I was thinking of getting my first armor, and going for a TK. I've been doing some background research at whitearmor.net and on these forums, but I'm still not really sure what kind of armor supplier to go for. I was thinking about a RS or a TM since they are both UK, and both seem to be good quality. However, RS seems to be faster delivery so I'm leaning towards this at the moment. I guess the real question is about my size and if these (RS/TM) will fit. I'm 1.82m and about 93kg (more shoulders than gut, although there is some gut also :-)).

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

cheers!

Imperial spy
Imperial spy

Re: First armor

Post by 3664 »

RS is cast off an original suit, and TM is fan sculpted, but as accurate as you can get without being cast from an original.
You can't go wrong either way.
I have a TM armor and an RS helmet (I also have the TM helmet, but just on display) and I'm really happy with that.

I am 184cm tall and 72kg, and the suit fits me without issues, and would easily fit someone of your size as well.
There are a lot of asdjustments you can do to make the armor fit and look good.
We have Lars Erik in trondheim that probably is the same build is you and he looks splendid in his TM.
Another thing is that TM can provide longer shins, so that less of the undersuit is visible, Hans Petter in Trondheim went that route.
Having long legs I probably should have tried that as well...

Here's a picture of me in the suit, as well as two dashing looking snowtroopers from a recent photoshoot:

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper
antispamfield: No

Post by 7858 »

TM is the way to go!

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 15136 »

Welcome!
Yes either of them is a good choice. I have a TM and am about 1,80m tall and there is no problem fitting inside it.
What I know is TM just as good to send his gods without waiting to long. I got mine in about 4 weeks... But that was 2 years ago :-P
I.. eum... eehh.... Star Wars!

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 2959 »

Another +1 for TM. It's also easier to build than RS which has some strange stuff going on (like the originals) that TM has avoided. But my dream kit would be TM armour with RS helmet.

If yo go with TM, get the 1.5 mm ABS. ;)

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66261 »

Thanks for all the input. I appreciate it. I will do some more reading up on the issue and also contact the suppliers.

cheers

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66261 »

Hi again!

I've contacted TM and I'm currently awaiting reply. In the meantime I've been pondering issues relating to all the other stuff required. I've been thinking about getting the starter set from stormtrooperundersuit.com with body suit, neck seal, gloves and holster. Also I'm about to order the complete anh e-11 blaster kit from doopydoos. Are these things (especially the starter set) things a go or no-go in your opinion?

cheers

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Post by 7995 »

No-go!

The holster is a cheap leather-ish thing. TM makes real leather holsters. Neckseal is meh, but we have someone here in Denmark, who could sew you a better one. Body suit, buy underarmor or something similar. Gloves, if you go for accuracy, should be rubber chemical gloves.

Doopydoo is a big GO GO GO :D
SKÅNE TROOPERS

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66261 »

Good thing about the go for the doopydoo since I've already ordered this :-)

I was also checking out the Under Armour stuff, which can be bought at sports shops. I guess the compressible suit is best since it will sit close to the skin. I reckon it would be good to try out before buying anyway.

Do you have some contact information about the neckseal or should i pm about this?

cheers

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 11767 »

7995 wrote: Body suit, buy underarmor or something similar.
What's wrong with stormtrooperundersuit.com body suit in your opinion?
Just asking because I'm pretty happy with mine :)
What worries you, masters you !