For all costumes from A New Hope, EMpire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

Moderator: team-ng-command

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper
antispamfield: No

Darth Vader Costuming question

Post by 50281 »

Hey there.

Obvesly im pretty new around here. For starter im just a reguler guy from southern Sweden with a abit too big interest in starwars. If you ask some people. :P
Iv come across a delux Vader suit witch i already know what you here on 501st think of but its a start for now. And no im not looking into upgrading it as iv
seen posts about it and its usely just a waste of time.

Now to the point. I have found a homepage selling parts and or a compleat Vader suit and my question is easy. Would it pass. Im not planning to buy one for the moment
but it could still be good to know and maybe for other who look into joining the sith ranks as Vader. Someone said the best thing was to ask here before you buy annything so thought
i would do that. As im not as handy like some around here i just have to suck it up and spend the cash. :P

http://shop.textalk.se/se/article.php?i ... t=21179582

If it doesnt direct to the right one its just search for the dark one.

/Fredric
NG Troops: 20
RI Troops: 15

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Re: Darth Vader Costuming question

Post by 8746 »

Welcome! :)

Anything that has to do with cinema replicas is an automatic "stay as far away from them as possible".

If you're serious about a Vader, head over to the detachment forum and talk to the vendors there

http://www.501stsithlords.com
Last edited by 8746 on 09 May 2014, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 4785 »

With that costume, there is not a single part that you can actually use for your Vader, in order to be a part of approved 501st, without a heavy modification and then, what´s the point for spending money on that, instead of putting it straight to a good and approvable costume.
Go and check out that link that Jokke gave you and "we" can point you to the right direction. ;)

Second of all, I would recommend to start with an easier costume than Vader. To get into 501st with approved costume, with your "first costume" and then reach out for your "dream costume".
You would get a lot of new contacts and you would get to see more Vaders and other costumes as well and also open those doors, where to get the best parts for your Vader.
I´m not trying to say that don´t make a Vader, no, but I´m telling you, it´s not the easiest one to make. :)

Just my 2 cents :)
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock, Star Trek, Wrath of Khan

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 50281 »

Thank you for your input. :) I will look at the link u refered too. I totaly understand what you are saying about Darth vader being one of the hard maybe hardest costume
to start on. For now i dont have the money to put into the project annyway but i thought why not do some research to see what options there are. :)
NG Troops: 20
RI Troops: 15