For all costumes from A New Hope, EMpire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

Moderator: team-ng-command

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper
antispamfield: No

Tusken ANH

Post by 10413 »

Hi

Just finished my Tusken (male version) from ANH - and I´m now waiting for a reply from the approval team (RL)

Here is a link to my album : http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/Heidi ... t=6&page=1

It was a fun build, and I´m already in the planning of a new costume ;)
Visas Marr/Tie pilot reserve/Bridge crew/Gunner/Jawa
Retired: Biker Scout, Tusken, Darth Traya, Tie pilot ANH.
Costume mentor TFE 2013-2014 + 2016-> + TFE Staff member 2017 -> + TFE Legion staff 2019
"As my feet walk from the ashes of Katarr, I shall not fear, for in fear, lies death..."

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Re: Tusken ANH

Post by 12077 »

Nice. Is it just my poor skill using tablet or are those pics very small?
12077 - Death Star workforce - "commence primary ignition"

"Well hello mr. fancy pants. I got news for you pal, you ain´t leading but two things right now; Jack and s#!t. And Jack left town."

Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by 11101 »

Nice :)
Your neck is visible and with that your hair too. You might want to think about to wrap your neck with some left-over of your inner robe. Maybe you might want to attach some loose strings of cloth in the back of the mask and tuck them into the neck wrap. With that it will look way better. Is it a godzilla mask? They are quite bulky. I struggle with my back of the neck all the time. It doesn't look good. But with strings tucked into a wrap it looks ok. I now have attached longer ones to my mask now because my shorter ones kept sliding out of the wrap and my hair and neck was visible.

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Post by 10413 »

11101 wrote:Nice :)
Your neck is visible and with that your hair too. You might want to think about to wrap your neck with some left-over of your inner robe. Maybe you might want to attach some loose strings of cloth in the back of the mask and tuck them into the neck wrap. With that it will look way better. Is it a godzilla mask? They are quite bulky. I struggle with my back of the neck all the time. It doesn't look good. But with strings tucked into a wrap it looks ok. I now have attached longer ones to my mask now because my shorter ones kept sliding out of the wrap and my hair and neck was visible.

Thanks for the feedback ;)

I have a neckseal on + a balaclava, so I don´t know, where you can see my hair ? + I was told not to have any loose strings of cloth in the back of the mask as to the 501st. CRL, it say´s :

"Head wraps are not unkempt or hang loosely over the neck or shoulders. "

"If the mask is not sufficiently long to conceal the neck at all times a neck seal of similar fabric to the wraps of the helmet, arms and boots is worn. The neck seal can be a thin "scarf" of fabric, but is not thick and bulky as is seen on prequel Tuskens. "

For the Rebel Legions, the CRL say´s :

1. Fully wrapped helmet/head similar to one as seen in Episode IV: must include cloth wraps (duck cloth, muslin or similar fabric should be used), leather/simulated leather mouth-wraps, 2 tapered/straight eye-stalks with 2 slits cut into the underside of each, 4 head-spikes, 2 blood-spitters, 1 silver nose-piece (tooth) with at least 2 vertical slots, screened lenses so as not to see the eyes and mouth of the wearer.

And it´s in the Rebel Legion, that I´m going to get it approved at this moment.

Well, I don´t know, if it´s a Godzilla mask - I got it from Germany, but it´s pretty tight to get on...
Last edited by 10413 on 24 Feb 2015, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
Costume mentor TFE 2013-2014 + 2016-> + TFE Staff member 2017 -> + TFE Legion staff 2019
"As my feet walk from the ashes of Katarr, I shall not fear, for in fear, lies death..."

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Post by 10413 »

12077 wrote:Nice. Is it just my poor skill using tablet or are those pics very small?
Thanks ;)

I´ve put up the pics in photobucket - if you click on the pics, they´ll be larger.

Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by 11101 »

10413 wrote: Thanks for the feedback ;)

I have a neckseal on + a balaclava, so I don´t know, where you can see my hair ? + I was told not to have any loose strings of cloth in the back of the mask as to the 501st. CRL, it say´s :

"Head wraps are not unkempt or hang loosely over the neck or shoulders. "

"If the mask is not sufficiently long to conceal the neck at all times a neck seal of similar fabric to the wraps of the helmet, arms and boots is worn. The neck seal can be a thin "scarf" of fabric, but is not thick and bulky as is seen on prequel Tuskens. "

For the Rebel Legions, the CRL say´s :

1. Fully wrapped helmet/head similar to one as seen in Episode IV: must include cloth wraps (duck cloth, muslin or similar fabric should be used), leather/simulated leather mouth-wraps, 2 tapered/straight eye-stalks with 2 slits cut into the underside of each, 4 head-spikes, 2 blood-spitters, 1 silver nose-piece (tooth) with at least 2 vertical slots, screened lenses so as not to see the eyes and mouth of the wearer.

And it´s in the Rebel Legion, that I´m going to get it approved at this moment.

Well, I don´t know, if it´s a Godzilla mask - I got it from Germany, but it´s pretty tight to get on...
Third and fourth picture. Might be just the picture quality. And I might have explained it in a wrong way. The loose strings should not be visible. And they won't if they are tucked into the neckseal. They won't hang around loosely then, of course. That was what I was trying to explain :) In your case (as I see on the pictures), if you bend your head down your neck/hair is visible. But the neckseal and balaclava should fix that.

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Post by 10413 »

The pics are a bit dark - not easy when the photographer is only 7 years old ;)

Since I have a neckseal and a balaclava on in the pics - I hope it´s good enough.

MisjoDK
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by MisjoDK »

Looks awesome. im jealous :)

What material did you use for your robes ?. Im personally strugling a bit with getting the right colour.

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Post by 10413 »

MisjoDK wrote:Looks awesome. im jealous :)

What material did you use for your robes ?. Im personally strugling a bit with getting the right colour.
Thanks ;)

It´s a kind of weaved fabric ("bomuld") - you can get it at Stof og Stil, that´s were I bought mine. I bought it in white and then dyed it in a mix of coffee and tea - then I weathered it with a couple of different spray-paint (black/grey/brown) and handpaint for the bandolier.

Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by 11101 »

MisjoDK wrote:Looks awesome. im jealous :)

What goes well is Osnaburg for the inner robe and Monks Cloth. Osnaburg has already this nice natural sand color with a nice texture. Monk's cloth also comes in natural color. Coffee and tea bath, like mentioned before, gives it a nice weathering and even better color. Finish of the weathering: some watered down acrylic paint from a spray bottle.