Voice com?

For all costumes from A New Hope, EMpire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

Moderator: team-ng-command

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper
antispamfield: No

Voice com?

Post by 79121 »

hello anyone have good tips on voice scrambler at good price. watched a bit on withtearmor.net but they refer only to foreign firms or expensive custom builds. is there anyone who has tested various toys?

Prefer if the toy store is in Sweden

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Re: Voice com?

Post by 74210 »

I have no experience of any of those myself but I've heard many examples of toy parts being used for approved builds. I cannot say anything about these though.

Since voice scramblers are a cool extra and not a requirement for a costume this isn't really something you need.

Myself I'm using just a speaker and microphone (since my voice box got busted) and without much effort my voice sounds quite scrambled. I just keep the microphone very close to my mouth.

I've had plenty of comments like "Cool! You even have a voice changer!"

No. I don't. It's just normal static and blur from the microphone and speaker. :)
(but I don't tell them that)

Worth to consider, however, is that a nice voice changer isn't that expensive in the total picture of it all and it's a nice investment to get that extra cool-factor.

Imperial spy
Imperial spy

Re: Voice com?

Post by 17113 »

I use the iComm + aker amp setup, but I seem to remember that my brother had a voicechanger toy once that looked like a megaphone. Perhaps you could look for something like that and take out the speaker and voice changer unit? Or maybe you could ask at your local toy store if they have anything like that.