Blaster (E11) Hyperfirm...?

For all costumes from A New Hope, EMpire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

Moderator: team-ng-command

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper
antispamfield: No

Blaster (E11) Hyperfirm...?

Post by 78346 »

On the lookout for a blaster, and thought a rubber one would be a good investment, since it's light and sturdy.

But since whitearmor is blocked for quite a lot of us people, I can't do much research, since most of these makers
don't have their own web pages. So here it goes;

I remember seeing someone selling hyperfirm? A-grades and B-grades on whitearmor. Think the price was around 225$ for the a-grades.
Then I found this facebook page HfX productions - Hyperfirm weaponry. So I think that's them, but the price I got for a non- B grade blaster
is 175$.

This made me think - is there more than one hyperfirm? Sci-fire hyperfirm? Are they the same?

And, I remember reading about them not shipping to other parts of the world - any experiences to share about how you got yours? Does jetcarrier work?

TD-6237
Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Re: Blaster (E11) Hyperfirm...?

Post by TD-6237 »

It's been a while since the last time I ordered from them, but if I recall correctly, the company name is "Sci-Fire", while the patented material they use for their props is called "Hyperfirm". Just to clear up any confusion regarding the different names.

And no, unfortunately, they don't ship outside the US. Well, at least they didn't a few years back. I believe the problem was California law, prohibiting them from shipping weapon-like props out of the country.

I used a reshipping service called MyUS. They gave me a Florida address, where somebody would receive the package and then forward it to me, in Norway, using (IIRC) DHL. It was really expensive, but I ordered together with a couple of other troopers and shared the expenses. However, last I heard, MyUS would no longer ship weapon replicas out of the country either, so you would have to try and find another reshipping service.

That's pretty much all I've got at the moment. Sci-Fire used to have a website, but it seems to be taken down. According to this recent post on the RPF:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=240589

...It looks like they have a Facebook page, so contacting them through that would probably be the best way to go about getting your very own rubber space gun.

As I said, it's been a while since I was hunting for Hyperfirms, so somebody with more recent experiences would probably be of more help. Hope this'll get the ball rolling, at least!
At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.
-Book of Cyril

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 10199 »

Whitearmor is blocked for a lot of people?

I've been keeping an eye on the buy/sell sections of the FISD forums, and the user slavefive from hfx is putting up hyperfirm E-11s for sale regularly. They usually sell pretty fast. US only. His email is lewis@hfxproductions.com if you want to contact him.

Edit: Hey, if you figure out the shipping and plan to order, drop me a PM; I might want to join in for combo shipping costs :)

TD-6237
Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by TD-6237 »

FISD are having some problems with their website. Should be up and running again soon. Check their Facebook page for updates:

https://www.facebook.com/WhiteArmor?fref=nf
At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.
-Book of Cyril

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 78346 »

@Torerik: Fisd is down for a lot of people because of a major dns fault, caused by the server move. Where do you live?

@Mads: Great lot of information, thanks! I'll have to check with jetcarrier about the replica part. But if that fails, I might bother some family members in New York. Having family members smuggling space weapons ain't that bad, right? RIGHT? (greedo)

These are the guys on Facebook. Can't find sci-fire anywhere. Changed name?
https://www.facebook.com/pages/HFx-Prod ... 27?fref=ts
Last edited by 78346 on 02 Sep 2015, 10:58, edited 1 time in total.

TD-6237
Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by TD-6237 »

RIGHT!

Happy to be of service. The Hyperfirm blasters are expensive, but great for trooping. Lightweight, but with just enough heft to not LOOK like they're made from rubber/foam, and nearly indestructible. I've used my T-21, RT-97C, and my E-11 fairly extensively for 6-7 years, and they've all held up great, with only minor repairs (a few drops of super glue and some dabs of paint).
-Book of Cyril

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 78346 »

It's crazy how light they are. After borrowing yours, I'm sold.
Looks quite good also, strangely how much detail they got into it.

Here's the Hfx one;

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 10199 »

Ryth_ wrote:@Torerik: Fisd is down for a lot of people because of a major dns fault, caused by the server move. Where do you live?
I live in Fredrikstad, but I'm in Trondheim now and then as I have family there.

Ah, that's why FISD isn't working at work :p

If you want it back, you can use a public DNS server that has the updated entry, like OpenDNS:
Primary: 208.67.222.222
Secondary: 208.67.220.220

Simply change your DNS settings on your network connection - let me know if you need help. Works like a charm :)

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 78346 »

torerik wrote:
Ryth_ wrote:@Torerik: Fisd is down for a lot of people because of a major dns fault, caused by the server move. Where do you live?
I live in Fredrikstad, but I'm in Trondheim now and then as I have family there.

Ah, that's why FISD isn't working at work :p

If you want it back, you can use a public DNS server that has the updated entry, like OpenDNS:
Primary: 208.67.222.222
Secondary: 208.67.220.220

Simply change your DNS settings on your network connection - let me know if you need help. Works like a charm :)
Ahaha, it worked. Thanks a lot!

Now I found Slavefire. I don't understand their pricing, or what you get for that price.
300$ for cent. level blaster (on whitearmor)
125$ for B-grade blaster (on fb)
aaand 175$ for ??? blaster (on fb)

I'll find out more. We'll see what we can do with combined order - if you also want a blaster from these guys.

TD-6237
Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by TD-6237 »

"Cent. level" means that it's ready for Centurion level certification on FISD.

Some Detachments give extra recognition to troopers who are willing to go that extra mile with regards to screen accuracy. MEPD (the Detachment for sandtroopers) has the SWAT program, FISD has Centurion, to name two. They're meant to give troopers something to strive for, beyond basic 501st approval. However, as the Centurion level is fairly easy to accomplish these days, with all the tutorials and availability of accurate armor kits and greeblies, I'd suggest setting your sights on a Centurion level build right from the start, if you're making a TK. It's a sensible way to build your costume as well, with regards to comfort and durability.

The "next level" Detachment tiers are solely for your own satisfaction, and the admiration of your peers. It serves no other function within the 501st. Some Detachments, like FISD and MEPD will issue you a patch and forum banner in recognition of your efforts, but that's pretty much it.

I'm guessing the Centurion level E-11 will have a more detailed paint and weathering job, and a metal D-ring on the end cap (if it's an ANH version, at least). The B-grade one might have tiny pot marks from air bubbles and more pronounced flashing from the moulding process, possibly degrading some details on the blaster. I guess the 175$ is somewhere in between, similar to mine.
-Book of Cyril