Help with Darth Nihilus fabrics

Good tools, guides, etc for people building costumes.

Moderator: team-ng-command

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper
antispamfield: No

Help with Darth Nihilus fabrics

Post by 47011 »

Hi.
I looking in on making a Darth Nihilus build and I think since most of the build is with fabrics, it seems more important to pick a great one :)

Anyone got any tips on the subject? And since it is a lot of fabric, are there prizy alternatives (fabrics and/or where to get them) to find (and still pass if I want to join with it)?

I have found some guides on the build out there and with earlier experince with sowing, I should have no big problems on the build, maybe with finding gloves and making the mask, but it seems doable :)

ps. If you post any fabric suggestion and happen to know their sweedish names, I appreciate if you include it, so I can find it easier in stores and have a closer look on it. ds
SL-47011 (nihilus)
Troops: 9

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Re: Help with Darth Nihilus fabrics

Post by 47011 »

Found a thread at: http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forum ... questions/ where they discuss some fabrics.
I see many use the raw silk and i am currently looking in to that, since it seem a bit hard to find the best place to order. They also discuss piano weave linen but I have no clue of what fabric it is. I need a Swedish translation for it I guess.

I will also ask friends if they have recommendations based on the 501 reference images fyi.
SL-47011 (nihilus)

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 80990 »

For my costume is used Cotton and wool. Cotton for the hood and the robes and wool for the outer tunick.And most use just cotton frabrics for nihilus.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 47011 »

Cotton seems like the choice to make then.

Does anyone has any hints on where to get gloves (or must they be custom made?) and boots for Nihilus (with good price)? Preferably if boots that can be reused on Revan :)
My mask is done and I also have the head peice made to make the hood shape.
SL-47011 (nihilus)