Importing L2A3 folding stock to Norway

For all costumes from A New Hope, EMpire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

Moderator: team-ng-command

Imperial spy
Imperial spy
antispamfield: No

Importing L2A3 folding stock to Norway

Post by 17113 »

Hi! I'm building an E-11 and since I'm not really pleased with the doopys folding stock, I am thinking about buying a real one from here https://apexgunparts.com/product_info.p ... ts_id/2080. I think it would be a fairly cheap and nice looking addition that doesn't make the blaster that much more heavy to carry around. Does anybody know if I would get in trouble with customs if I tried to import this to Norway? It is technically a 'gun part' but the way I see it, it's not very 'gun part like', if you know what I mean...

Nordic Base trooper
Nordic Base trooper

Re: Importing L2A3 folding stock to Norway

Post by 6894 »

Yes you might get into trouble. ask a gunsmith for help?
the man they call fuzzy bear.
ANH Vader 100%
WIP ESB Vader 85%
WIP ROTJ Vader 40%

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 74210 »

If it's anything like Sweden the folding stock shouldn't be a problem. It's a non-essential part of the gun. It's not even essential for the firing mechanism. Bolts and barrels are the real problem parts. But that's not something you need.
As your local police dealing with gun-permits. They should be able to help you get answers.

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Post by 7995 »

Only problem with Apex, is that they dont ship outside the US.

Its on their webpage, and I have asked as well.
SKÅNE TROOPERS

Imperial spy
Imperial spy

Post by 17113 »

Aah, thanks for the heads up Morten! If they won't ship it here, I'll have to find somewhere else then. I'll give a local gunsmith a call and hear what he has to say. Btw, has anyone here ever bought a L2A3 or parts for it? I would be interested in hearing where you got it from and your experiences with it.

BH-11380
Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by BH-11380 »

If you have troubles with shipment out from USA, just use the MyUS.com. Make an account there, and they will ship the stuff to your home.

Still, as that is gun parts, do ask the police about that as well. Even though it is not barrel or something like that, it still is a part of weapon. And as such, might be against the law to ship those..
'Use the sense, it is a force attribute. Common as it is, among us all.'

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 30502 »

hello, mate. I have imported a Sterling L2A3 to norway(wich i have converted to a E11), with no issues. The only thing is that i need all the papers that this gun was deactivated accorengly to norwegian law. So importing a folding stock is no issue i believe. I got me sterling from the UK, but there are new laws now, that prohibit it now. But don't see have how parts would be a problem.

viewtopic.php?f=211&t=8845
Troops: 92

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 11327 »

If you are going to put a real folding stock on a resin blaster, the folding stock would be the heaviest part. It could be tricky to attach also and you wouldn't be able to unfold it regularly as it would wear on the paint job and resin.

Better might be to keep the front of the resin stock and make new arms in aluminium, although they are a bit long and kinked.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 30502 »

11327 wrote:If you are going to put a real folding stock on a resin blaster, the folding stock would be the heaviest part. It could be tricky to attach also and you wouldn't be able to unfold it regularly as it would wear on the paint job and resin.

Better might be to keep the front of the resin stock and make new arms in aluminium, although they are a bit long and kinked.

i would agree that using the real folding-stock it should be mounted to be permanent.

The doopydoos foldingstock is that bad, the major thing i did with is is to drill out that hole i front.
Troops: 92

Imperial spy
Imperial spy

Post by 17113 »

Only some of the parts are doopys. I have a aluminium receiver with a proper locking slot for the stock in front so attaching it there should not be a problem. The attachment in the back might be the only issue. I'm thinking of putting two pins in at the mounting point so I could use the original fastening method. It would likely be 'semi permanently' in the folded position, as in I wouldn't extend it, but I'd need to take a closer look to be certain. There was a guy over at fisd who did this, so I know it can be done at least.