a49620366
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen
antispamfield: No

Anovos Storm Trooper

Post by a49620366 »

Hello there,

I have a question to the current members of the Nordic Garrison;

is it worth it to buy a costume from Anovos that cost 1600$ + 145$ shipping.

I don't have the skills or tools to make it myself and even if it's a large amount of money I'm still considering getting it.

I would love you guys opinion on this

http://www.anovos.com/collections/star- ... -pre-order

Cheers!

Imperial spy
Imperial spy

Re: Anovos Storm Trooper

Post by 17113 »

I would recommend you to concider building it yourself. There are several kits you can buy, like TM, ATA and RS that are not that difficult to build if you have patience and guidance from either 501st members in your community or online forums like this one or whitearmor.com (which you should visit immidiately for more info about getting yourself a high-end stormtrooper costume) or preferrably both. If it's still out of the question building it yourself, then RS Prop Masters (and others) does commissions that's tailored to your body, unlike ANOVOS. I still haven't seen the ANOVOS armor IRL (few have), so I can't really say if it's a good one or not, but from what I've heard and from the pictures that I've seen, it actually looks quite nice. Still, there is no guarantee that it would fit you properly, which is one of the main conciderations during the 501st membership application process. It would be a gamble and I can't recommend buying the finished kit from them... Also, RS is cheaper for a full commission, and they are among the more expensive and nice ones.

Where do you live btw? There might be someone nearby that could help you with the build or that could show you their armor and how it's done.

a49620366
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by a49620366 »

17113 wrote:I would recommend you to concider building it yourself. There are several kits you can buy, like TM, ATA and RS that are not that difficult to build if you have patience and guidance from either 501st members in your community or online forums like this one or whitearmor.com (which you should visit immidiately for more info about getting yourself a high-end stormtrooper costume) or preferrably both. If it's still out of the question building it yourself, then RS Prop Masters (and others) does commissions that's tailored to your body, unlike ANOVOS. I still haven't seen the ANOVOS armor IRL (few have), so I can't really say if it's a good one or not, but from what I've heard and from the pictures that I've seen, it actually looks quite nice. Still, there is no guarantee that it would fit you properly, which is one of the main conciderations during the 501st membership application process. It would be a gamble and I can't recommend buying the finished kit from them... Also, RS is cheaper for a full commission, and they are among the more expensive and nice ones.

Where do you live btw? There might be someone nearby that could help you with the build or that could show you their armor and how it's done.
Thank you very much for the reply!

I will try and find finished ones at first since I lack the patience to make one myself, I will go and check over at whitearmor and RS Prop Masters!

I live in Scania, Sweden

Regards

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 15136 »

No one that have ordered an ANOVOS have received their armor... They are still under development and are set to be starting their delivery later this year, in October I believe.
So... No one knows how the finished armor looks like, so it's impossible for us to tell if it will be able to be approved or not.
I.. eum... eehh.... Star Wars!

a49620366
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by a49620366 »

Last edited by a49620366 on 13 Aug 2015, 09:53, edited 1 time in total.

a49620366
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by a49620366 »

15136 wrote:No one that have ordered an ANOVOS have received their armor... They are still under development and are set to be starting their delivery later this year, in October I believe.
So... No one knows how the finished armor looks like, so it's impossible for us to tell if it will be able to be approved or not.

Tack för svaret.

Du råkar inte veta något som kan göra och sälja en till mig? Har inte pengarna just nu men tänkte fixa en prisuppfattning och sedan försöka skrapa ihop pengarna.

Mvh, a496

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 15136 »

Whitearmor.net

You're an adult... Figure it out! :-D
I.. eum... eehh.... Star Wars!