For all costumes from A New Hope, EMpire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

Moderator: team-ng-command

Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer
antispamfield: No

Some help for newbie

Post by 31700 »

Hello!

I´m aiming to join the nordic legion as a stormtrooper. However... The costume-thing is somewhat confusing. I´m looking for a fully assembled, 501-approved costume. I would sell my soul to satan himself to get som tips and ideas on where to find what i´m looking for. I have been to the list in withearmour.net, but i still need help.

I´va found this: www.originalstormtrooper.com, but i suspect that that is not good enough. Please help me!
CO: Commanding officer

Costumes: (stormie) (kylo) (biker)
Troops: 58

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Re: Some help for newbie

Post by 15136 »

A tip you'll get from any member.... only consider to get your armor from whitearmour.net, no where else.
Don't get FX armor either... that's bad for everyone.

Most TK members in Nordic Garrison have the RS or TM kits, so I can recommend those two. Don't have much experience of the other kits, but those I mentioned are made in the UK, if you don't want to order stuff from across the oceans.
I.. eum... eehh.... Star Wars!

Imperial spy
Imperial spy

Post by 17113 »

That isn't good enough, stay far away!

Research is key when getting any costume for the 501st. Read the whitearmor forums until your eyes bleed, and then read some more! That site is gospel! You need to know the costume inside and out if you want a good result, and I'm sure you do! :-)

I would recommend you build your own costume from a plastic kit. Some of the makers also offers finished kits, but to make doubly sure your armor fits you (the second most important thing), it's better to assemble it yourself. It's easier than it looks, especially if you take your time with it and maybe even get some help from local stormtroopers who have done it before. That's also a good way to get to know them :) If you say where you're from, then they hopefully should contact you here :) And also let you help them out on troops! Which is very fun and much appreciated!

Good luck and welcome! :-)

Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Post by 31700 »

This is someone i found on whitearmour. Sounds good to me. I´m not the best "handyman" so to speak. What do you guys think of this: http://www.rspropmasters.com/product-ca ... rmtrooper/ ?

I´m soooooo thankfull for all your help and info!

sesewest
Supporter
Supporter

Post by sesewest »

Hey Halland buddy! Where in Halland are you at?

And don't worry I'm not a handyman either but I'm starting to become. You will become one to onces you start working on your armor.
Its comes natural with it, but as our 2 fellow troopers has said. Get your armor from whitearmor thats where you will find a good seller with approved armor to join. :)

Imperial spy
Imperial spy

Post by 17113 »

Snakeman wrote:This is someone i found on whitearmour. Sounds good to me. I´m not the best "handyman" so to speak. What do you guys think of this: http://www.rspropmasters.com/product-ca ... rmtrooper/ ?

I´m soooooo thankfull for all your help and info!
Yes, that is RS, which is the same maker as mine. This is one of the best armors around. Note that this is for the "walked off the movie set" look, not the shiny white idealized look that some people are looking for. I personally like the "movie set" look, but I feel like you should know that there's a difference :)

Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Post by 31700 »

Thank you so much! I'll continue looking.

Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by 71337 »

Snakeman wrote:Thank you so much! I'll continue looking.
Halland?
I live in Halmstad, and I am just putting the finishing touches on my first armor. Currently waiting for 501st approval.
My armor is TM 2mm ABS.

Let me know if you want any help, or examine my mistakes so you don't have to do them as well ;-)