Question about originalstormtrooper

For all costumes from A New Hope, EMpire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

Moderator: team-ng-command

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Re: Question about originalstormtrooper

Post by 2959 »

73012 wrote:Hhmmm i don't know about that. Here's the latest in the News Media about that...

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/06/enter ... r-helmets/
Those stories pop up every once in a while, and the are subsequently edited to correct the falsehoods. They have been floating around since 2004.

Read the court related documents here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/367062635069/files/

This is a picture of the in-house produced trooper before the vac.machince broke:

Aside from that, don't you find it strange that a no-name guy working in a workshop making canoes would turn out to be a genious sculpterrather than that there were two credited and professional sculpters hired by Lucasfilm who made the suits? I mean, Liz Moore worked on 2001 a space oddesy and Clockwork Orange (she made the lady tables in the milk bar) and Brian Muir is already widely accepted as the sculptor of Darth Vader.

AA never won the court case either btw. It was just determined that the costumes were "industrial design" and not "artisitc design" which as a shorter copyright expiration period in the UK. That's pretty much the only good thing to come out of that case, as it lets both AA, RS, TM and CFO continue making kits without much fear of lawsuits.

Nordic Base trooper
Nordic Base trooper
antispamfield: No
Location: Aalborg Øst, Denmark (Originally from Southern California, USA)

Post by 73012 »

So is it Ainsworth fault for the deformed Right Eye or is this how the original sculpture looks? =)

I don't own a Storm Trooper suit and most likely won't be, but what ever the case may be, I guess one has to choose who they want to support when buying Armor.
Clone Trooper-Shock Trooper Phase II
ESB Hoth Trench Trooper
(B1 Battle Droid: Planning stage)

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 29996 »

Could we now please get back on topic. Ainsworths history and actions are probably something we could create yet another thread for, but this thread isn't for that. This thread was for AAs armor.
Or am I totally mistaken?
"What I do? I seek answers"
(rc-omega) (snowie) (gunner) (rp) (x-wing) (sandie)

Nordic Base trooper
Nordic Base trooper
Location: Aalborg Øst, Denmark (Originally from Southern California, USA)

Post by 73012 »

29996 wrote:Could we now please get back on topic. Ainsworths history and actions are probably something we could create yet another thread for, but this thread isn't for that. This thread was for AAs armor.
Or am I totally mistaken?
Wasn't that what we were talking about?
Clone Trooper-Shock Trooper Phase II
ESB Hoth Trench Trooper
(B1 Battle Droid: Planning stage)