Rookie trimming question.

Good tools, guides, etc for people building costumes.

Moderator: team-ng-command

Kimmi_the_beat
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen
antispamfield: No

Rookie trimming question.

Post by Kimmi_the_beat »

Hi there.
I'm new to the forums and hopefully some day also new to the ranks og the Nordic Garrison. I recently bought a TK costume from RS propmaster. I'm still making a few adjustments now and then, but I will need to do a bit of trimming of the thighs and maybe some bottom shins. It's a complete set and I really don't have a lot of building experience. Luckly the guys at RS did a good job at hitting the right size, just except the height. So that's my main concern atm.
I found a post over at whitearmor.net about the proper tools. I haven't been able to find a trimming scissor and I might end up using a surdy kitchen scissor, so I just have a few questions about the actual trimming.
1) I'm not sure how to remove the elsatic straps on the inside of the thighs that go through the belt? And what glue to use when putting them on again after trimming?
2) I'll be marking with a pen where to cut, but are there any tricks to it other than just cutting? Any nice-to-know advice?
3) After trimming, will I need to soften off the edge with some sandpaper?

I greatly appriciate any advice, since I'm a bit nervous about the trimming and I don't want to end up cutting off too much. I'm still going through the vast forums on adjusting costumes and stuff.

Sincerly Kim

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Re: Rookie trimming question.

Post by 2959 »

You can get the lexan scissors from http://www.hobbex.se/sv/artiklar/karossax-bojd-hsp.html or their stores if you life close to one. There are other RC related stores that also sell them.

Just mark where to cut with a normal pencil. No ink.

Yes, you'll want to touch it up with some sandpaper.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper
antispamfield: No

Re: Rookie trimming question.

Post by 30502 »

They use superglue on the straps.
Troops: 92