Importing L2A3 folding stock to Norway

For all costumes from A New Hope, EMpire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

Moderator: team-ng-command

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper
antispamfield: No

Re: Importing L2A3 folding stock to Norway

Post by 29996 »

Someone talked about the the us wasn't so fond of sending weapon stuff out of their country, but that was for an complete blaster though not just the folding stock.
"What I do? I seek answers"
(rc-omega) (snowie) (gunner) (rp) (x-wing) (sandie)

Reel Icon
Reel Icon

Re: Importing L2A3 folding stock to Norway

Post by 3844 »

29996 wrote:Someone talked about the the us wasn't so fond of sending weapon stuff out of their country, but that was for an complete blaster though not just the folding stock.
Hasn't anything to do with being fond of it or not. Firearms, parts and accessories are subject to strict regulations regarding export. A seller needs to have the appropriate export licenses in order to be able to ship stuff overseas, and there are restrictions re: the receiving countries as well. The permits are not cheap, which is why mainly companies are able to export "firearms and other tactical products". Private persons aren't allowed to export - shipping a mere rifle scope to abroad might render a visit from Homeland Security and hard time behind bars.

That said, you will most likely to be able to find a vendor who doesn't care and ships overseas anyway. I've been lucky a few times when I've been scavenging the net for stuff I need. Only problem there is that the shipment may be seized by customs or mail carrier, and you're out of money and product.

Now, a folding stock for a vintage firearm, intended to be utilized in a toy may sound like one thing, but if the law regards it as a "tactical product" (which, essentially folding stocks are) then you're s**t out of luck.

I have imported firearm-related stuff from USA before. Today, I'd focus on finding stuff I want within the EU instead - a bit closer to home and mostly hassle-free. Within EU won't help much if you're in Norway, but at least the source is closer, geographically. If de-acs are legal to own and license-free in Norway, then I'd look for Sterlings and parts in UK instead. There are several de-ac vendors there. Also, check e-gun.de, a German auction site for firearms and accessories.
I am altering the canon. Pray I don't alter it any further.
Minor plot holes and strange coincidences are no match for a good story by your side, kid.