New member to forum

Moderator: team-ng-command

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper
antispamfield: No

New member to forum

Post by 24208 »

Hello! Im a new member to the forum, I did find you guys a coupla of months back and decided that this looks insanely funny!

I have ordered a full suite from RS and are still waiting for it. i will apply to the 501, once I have received it. And if I need any mods on it I will talk to the experts...

Best regards
Fredrik

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Re: New member to forum

Post by 50157 »

Hello and welcome Fredrik!

If you bought an RS armor you did a good choice! :D

Can't you introduce yourself? Where are you located and what do you work with/ study? :)

Looking forward to see pictures when the armor arrives! :)
And trooping is insanely funny! The feeling you get trooping for the very first time in your armor is so awesome!

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 24208 »

Ok ,now Im at the macbook so now I can write a little more than on the Ipad.

Im from Sweden, I live in Linköping, 200km south of Stockholm. I have liked and loved Star Wars for a long time, although I haven't seen the movies since they where last viewing on the cinemas... Thats the benefits with kids and a wife, you don't have to see the same movie several times, over and over any more except Frozen and every Disney cartoon. I have probably watched the movies a hundred times when I was younger but that was an eon back.

In the 90s I did play the Star Wars role-playing game, that was fun, for me, the rest of my friends where not that thrilled. i still have two rule books left and they are kept in the basement along with other memories from the young age. Some ppl start running marathons when they reach the 40s, I apparently don't like running so I decided to spend a small fortune on a Storm Trooper suite. Its probably some kind of middle age thing.

I own a hotel in Linköping and will put the suite on display if I manage to work out the stand and secure it. Since the hotel is run by me and my wife and we both like movies and music we have decided to put up posters from movies and music groups that we like in the rooms. I did research the world wide web a couple of years back and did find a company called Originalstormtrooper, (don't buy from them) I did want to buy som replicas to put up for display at the hotel and what would be better than stuff from my favourite genre. I did som more research and did of course find this forum and the big on over at white armour and 501. Then I did change my dealer from OS to RSpropstore. So now Im waiting for the armour, every day feels like the day before x-mas....LONG.

Im nervous that all the measurements I took for the suite are wrong and I will end up looking like an idiot. But hopefully I did manage to get it right and they will assembly it correctly. I don't put it togheter my self since it need to look good if Im going to put it up for a display when Im not running around in it, picking up the morning paper or go to shop at the local grocery store. Don't tell my wife but I don't think it will be kept at the hotel a lot, but since that was the deal for me to buy it I have to play along :D When I told her how much it cost she gets a personal shopper for cloths for the same amount so now its even twice as expensive. But, thats life, give and give, or was it give and take, no idea.

One thing I didn't knew before I found the 501 and the Nordicgarrison is all the charity work you do, that actually made me very happy and I will when that day comes be honoured to help out with this. Since I run a hotel I hope I can arrange special price for the NordicGarrsion members in our hotel chain, Sweden Hotels. We are unfortunately only in Sweden, but we do have 60 hotels and well see what can be done. Cant guarantee anything but I will talk to the chain when I managed to put on the suite and applied to join 501 officially and not only hanging in the forum.

Well, thats something about me, I'm on my way to 43 and have two children, a daughter age 7 and a boy age 4. My wife refuses to cosplay anything so she will hopefully just tag along. Im going to Närcon this summer, a big Cosplay thing in Linköping, I will put on the armour and shine. My hotel is having a lot of the ppl that attends the Närcon staying at us so I have to join it this year.

Now, this is the beginning of something new for me, Im happy to found you guys and are following almost every channel on Facebook as well. Hope to meet some of you IRL in the future, may the force be weak in our enemies and strong in our heart! Take care and hopefully next time there will big pictures with me in a white shinny armour!

//Fredrik

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 74210 »

Hello and Welcome Fredrik!

RS is a great choice and I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. I am very happy with mine. :)

As been said before. TKs are always in demand. Good choice.

I'm looking forward to welcoming you to the Legion family and to meet you out at Troops.

///Maxim

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 15136 »

Linköping :-D
Yes for more members. And it looks like little Linköping is getting the biggest event this year as well ;-)
Keep us updated!
I.. eum... eehh.... Star Wars!

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 24208 »

I guess you are talking about Radiohjälpen or maybe Närcon, Im planing on attending both, and will of course help out if anyone need to travel to Linköping and need somewhere to stay during RH. If we are planing to do the same thing as you brave ppl did last year in Uppsala.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 24208 »

So, now have my armour got a UPS ticket, 10kg of plastic for an insanely amount of money will arrive on the 1th of july if everything goes as planed.

Hopefully I will raise more money on charity with this than it costs, but I doubt it...

Well, in a while I will have the opportunity to try it on and will start adjust it for my own size and hopefully I can join the dark side. I will probably after this start doing more Star Wars related stuff, I fell like I want to start building stuff, probably a middle age thing :D

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 15136 »

I actually came by your workplace yesterday asking for you, unfortunately you weren't there.
- Next time Gadget!
I.. eum... eehh.... Star Wars!

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 24208 »

15136 wrote:I actually came by your workplace yesterday asking for you, unfortunately you weren't there.
- Next time Gadget!
Argh, to bad I missed you, right now Im updating my UPS site every hour, It has not been sent yet, or maybe it has, Im in limbo waiting for the superb gift... (stormie)

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 24208 »

Because severe weather in England my armour has been delayed, It will hopefully arrive on the 7th of july... maybe...